UBC Emeritus College Award for Excellence in Innovative and Creative Endeavours
The UBC Emeritus College presents one or more Awards for Excellence in Innovative and Creative Endeavours annually to UBC Emeriti who have demonstrated excellence in their engagement in innovative research, artistic creation, or new applications of previous research since attaining Emeritus status.
In addition to the recognition of the Award, recipients will receive $1,000. Any person may nominate candidates for the Award to the Emeritus College through an online nominations form.
Deadline to nominate was: Monday, February 6, 2023. Application is closed.
Purpose of the Award
The purpose of the Award is to:
- celebrate and honour Emeriti who have demonstrated excellence in their engagement in innovative research, artistic creation, or new application of previous research since attaining Emeritus status
- highlight UBC and the accomplishments of its Emeriti
- connect Emeriti to the University community and the wider communities
2023 Eligibility, Criteria and Process
- Candidates must be persons listed under "Emeritus Staff" in the UBC Vancouver Academic Calendar.
- UBC Okanagan Emeriti are not eligible.
- The two letters of support can be submitted by anyone with knowledge of the candidate's activities and achievements.
- Any person may nominate candidates.
- Candidates are only eligible for one UBC Emeritus College for Excellence in the Innovative and Creative Endeavours of UBC Emeriti in a lifetime.
- Posthumous nominations will not be considered.
- Awards need not be given every year.
- shall include all requirements as stated and no more: any additional information will be discounted as per the pre-determined cut-off;
- may be submitted by a nominator for more than one candidate in a particular year;
- will stand for consideration in the year in which they are submitted. Unsuccessful nominations will automatically be considered in the following two years;
- may not be made for oneself, or for a relative or family member, but candidates are encouraged to seek potential nominators.